Monday, May 24, 2010

So Far Away

JoAnna and I are once again far, far away from each other. She's back at home and I've started my summer internship.

We did take one final together and Jo and I stayed up for hours studying diligently for it. That evening she gave me a little wind-up horse that she stole from some kid or something like that. After that we started discussing horse gaits and practicing them. Watching Jo trot, pace and lope across my tiny bedroom was incredibly amusing. If you ever get the chance, ask Jo to canter across a room. You are sure to be entertained.

Once again, we'll see what happens with this blog during the summer. Here are my words for Jo, and all my other friends spread out to the ends of the universe for the summer.

Somewhere out there
Beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me
And loving me tonight.

Somewhere out there
Someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another
In that big somewhere out there.

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star.
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky!

Somewhere out there
If love can see us through
Then we'll be together
Somewhere out there
Out where dreams
Come true.

I had quite a few fantastic quotes to post, but I didn't actually bring them with me. So I guess you'll just have to imagine what Jo might have said. That could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment