Monday, January 26, 2009

A Long Time Ago

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, the paths of Rebekah and JoAnna first crossed.

Actually, we met in Oxford when we were assigned to be roommates for the semester. Who knew that bright summer day would mark the beginning of such an illustrious friendship? Now, after traveling Europe together, we’re both back here in the states and JoAnna is still stuck with me as a roommate. I suppose I must not be too bad since she decided to put up with me for so long.

Just as in Oxford, our days continue to be filled with riotous laughter and our nights with wild partying. Well, we really do laugh a lot, and sometimes for no real reason. However, I’m not sure if interpreting Wordsworth or translating Greek really can be called partying. Eh, whatever, we still have fun.

In other news, JoAnna’s English class switched venues today. This is significant because no longer is every one of her classes, sans badminton, in the same building on campus. Poor girl will have to walk more. She also has a recent fixation with caramel.

I think we're both hoping for snow tomorrow; or at least ice, so none of our professors can get up to the campus. Snow flurries would be preferable. Regardless, I love cold weather and I'm so stoked for tomorrow, when the mercury won't rise above freezing.

Oh, today I found a french fry in my purse, my Wicked ticket in my laptop case and a Tube map under my bed. It seems something makes me miss England every day (don't worry the fry is not from Europe).

Wow, obviously our lives are extremely exciting. Nevertheless, if I were not me, then I would definitely hang out with us. JoAnna and I are a ton of fun and we’re both exceptionally hilarious. We think we’re funny, anyway. I'm not sure if anyone else finds our antics amusing. Hmmm, I suppose that sort of makes us tragically unfunny.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that fry wasn't from Europe.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i agree with Katherine.. that would be weird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just checking in to say it's nice to be back home, but I am missing English a lot. Almost every day Mel and I complain about not being able to walk everywhere and how much we miss the students we had. Blessings, Jan

    ReplyDelete