Saturday, May 9, 2009

Attack of the Clouds

I put JoAnna on an airplane a few hours ago. It's so sad. We've been roommates for a year, and now we're suddenly not. At least we'll be housemates again in a few months. We had a good last week together. It included studying, eating and dancing to Justin Timberlake. We also listed to a tape Jo recorded of visitation one night early in the semester. It brought back a lot of great memories and a lot of good laugh. Speaking of which, I've decided that I have a bit of an obnoxious laugh. If you had come into our room early in the week, you probably would have been amused at our attire. JoAnna is really warm-natured and I was sick so while she was sitting in front of the air conditioner in shorts and a t-shirt, I was bundled up in a sweatshirt and blanket.

Our last evening together was yesterday and we had a blast. Anna, Jo and I all hung out for several hours. Anna and I went to Cajun Cones with an old friend to celebrate the end of school. The shaved ice was a fantastic treat on our 103 F day. That's right, we had to move out of the dorm on a day that was over one hundred degrees. Not fun. Still hungry, we grabbed JoAnna and headed to dinner at Jason's Deli. Anna and I both had yummy sandwiches, but Jo wasn't a huge fan of hers. Apparantly she's not too keen on Dijon mustard, which pierces her soul or something like that.

Because we're kind of lame we roamed around Walmart for a while. When we came out the clouds were crazy. Billowy and pink, they looked like they were taking over the world. It was gorgeous, but also a bit odd. We ended our day with a trip to the park. I had to chase some kid off of the swingset, but then everything was cool. At one point we had to avert our eyes because a couple of birds were getting it on. Then they just pointedly ignored each other. Eventally we tired of the swings and had to say goodbye.

We don't know what this blog will look like over the summer. Jo and I each have our own blogs for recording our individual adventures. Maybe we'll just write about how much we miss each other. Or we might just take a break for a little while. You might need an entire summer to prepare yourself for the amazingness that is sure to come next semester. And so I leave you with a few final thoughts.

"You can't laugh without laughing." - Jo
"I don't think Jesus would do that to his ex." - Anna
"I love us!" - Jo

2 comments:

  1. I'll miss this blog. I wish I could have hung out with you guys, but I was having my own adventures that night. :)

    And I'm pretty sure I actually understand all of the quotes, even though I wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun evening! I really miss you guys. :(

    ReplyDelete