Monday, May 4, 2009

From Pancakes to Purity

As I sit here procrastinating finals studying (not surprising, eh?), I am listening to Rebekah read me facts about CPR from Wikipedia. Something we have gotten into the habit of doing is going straight for the Internet in times of need (a.k.a. whenever some topic of interest comes up in conversation). It makes me realize just how much I personally am a part of this "information age" and how much we rely on the plethora of resources the Internet provides. We also realize how much we depend on our computers!

The swine flu is attacking the world, but Abilene lies untouched thus far. So as we wait here patiently for it to pass over us, we take solace in antibacterial hand sanitizer and the no-contact rule, reading through newsfeeds streaming to our computer desktops with (yes, even more) information about the virus and its victims.

Our walls are bare, and my tower of storage boxes is no longer. It's amazing how much a part of the room those boxes became and we never really realized it. We have begun packing away our things to move out. I will be home in 5 days! But first, to conquer packing and these 3 finals and 2 papers... I think the only things getting me through this week will be Jesus, caffeine, and seeing my FAMILY on Saturday!!!

Quote of the Week:
"People die from the FLU flu!"
- Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment