Saturday, October 17, 2009

Midterm

This just in:

There is a new store in the Abilene Mall. At 4 PM on Thursday, October 29, The British Shoppe will be celebrating its grand opening. It sells imported food and gifts from the UK! How awesome is that? Right here in little o' Abilene, Texas, where I would have least expected it... But of course, this makes Rebekah and me very pleased. We may even go to the ribbon cutting ceremony and listen to Abilene's own bagpipers (who knew?)... and possibly win something at the giveaways. Not to mention free samples... Click here to learn more.

Also of note, this past week Rebekah helped me with a video I had to record for my direct practice (social work) class. I was supposed to be demonstrating confidentiality and other contractual notices and different levels of empathy, and she was my client. I don't know how well I did, but I can say that it was funny because the scenario I made up actually described Rebekah during freshman year, apparently... I'm glad she has friends now.

No comments:

Post a Comment