Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Autumn, come quickly.

So, we have yet to have a "roommate/housemate night" which is severely disappointing, since we are excited to get together and cook and eat and hang out. I feel like we are all almost always doing homework. We spend all of Saturdays (all two that we've had so far) studying.

Rebekah and I have found a couple weekend nights to stay up until 3 AM talking. Instead of talking in our room, which we no longer share, we do it in the living room. Her mom found a loveseat at a garage sale, and it is SO comfortable. I definitely spend a lot more time in the living room now because of it. She also found us a table and chairs for our kitchen. We had one already for the dining area, but it's nice to also have something in our kitchen so that we don't have to keep going in and out to sit during the lapses in cooking.

We began respecting once again our Saturday night tradition with Anna at The Den. Unfortunately, since I am no longer on a meal plan, I must use Bean Bucks... so in order to get only a frou-frou drink I must pay over $3. Good thing that Pumpkin Latte was yummy. Funny thing - I think we're closer to The Den now that we're off campus than we were when we actually lived on campus. Because Sikes is on the farthest edge of the world.

I'm excited because I have a few brown bananas... which can only mean one thing: BANANA BREAD! Pretty soon we will have delicious banana-y goodness... not that there hasn't been enough baking going on in the house already.

We are ready for cooler weather.

Helen, Gutterball, and the legendary Almond Creme (see 8/24/09 post)

No comments:

Post a Comment