Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! The campus was swarming with green and today has been filled with St. Patty's Day celebrations.

JoAnna and I went over to my family's house for dinner, where my mom cooked a Irish dinner. We dined on corned beef, colcannon and soda bread. Dessert consisted of Blarney Stones. Sound delicious? It certainly was.

We came back to our room for a little while to work on homework before we rounded everyone up for a trip to Brew.net. Well we tried anyway. Chris was the only person who was free, but in the end that was just fine. The three of us had a wonderful conversation over Irish Cream lattes. Yum!

I bought a new skirt over Spring Break, which is very exciting. It was warm enough (84 degrees) to wear it today. The first day of spring is in just a couple of days, so soon the warm days won't seem so crazy.

Also during Spring Break my family went to the Dallas World Aquarium. They have this big rainforest set-up, and a few birds even fly free above visitors. I, of course, was pooped on. Only I could get pooped on indoors. So not cool.

I missed JoAnna a ton throughout Spring Break. The night I got back into the dorm, we stayed up for hours just talking. Even during that short week, I forgot how much Jo and I love to laugh.

Yesterday the Bean served some sort of Thai coconut curry. It was one of the best meals I've had in the Bean. Jo and I both thought it was fantastic.

Quotes from our favourite Kat:
"The mothers [of the ducks] will come and peck the [children's] little eyes out."
"Your feet are too big. And your other parts are too small."

And in honour of this green day, the beautiful Irish countryside.

2 comments:

  1. When did Katherine say that bit about the feet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah could be a Barbie if she puts her mind to it! Anyone can be anything they want...right?

    ReplyDelete