Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Didn't Fall Off the Face of the Earth

Dear Jo,

I promise I didn't fall off of the face of the earth. In fact, I've written to you every day but the letters must have been lost in the mail. Hmmm, or maybe not. I suppose that excuse doesn't work when we're posting things online.

I am missing you a lot as well. This next year will be a good one, though it is certainly crazy to think that it will be our last at ACU. How time flies! I thought of you and Anna when I went to the Houston Zoo this past weekend. It will be tons of fun all living together soon. Indeed, I have three and a half weeks left of my internship. This summer has certainly passed quickly.

I am so glad you had a good time with Justin. I wish that I could also come and see you. A nice vacation in California sounds lovely right about now. Of course, spending time with you also sounds lovely. You mentioned that the water in the Pacific is quite as clear as the Aegean. That is certainly true, but you can take pride in knowing that it's clearer than the Gulf of Mexico at Galveston. And colder too.

I'll leave you with a little story that you might find amusing. Earlier this week I went in to visit a patient. I looked at my patient list and walked in prepared. The patient had a sheet pulled all the way over their head and the patient's daughter was sitting next to the bed.

"Hello, is this Mrs. So-and-so" I queried. The daughter looked at me strangely.

"No. This is my dad. Mr. so-and-so."

At this, the patient pulled the sheet down from his face and simply said 'hi.' Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed. I suppose I'll check my list a little more carefully from now on.

Love, Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment