Tuesday, February 3, 2009

From Dream Analysis to Pink Frosting

Going to bed around here is always a process. We'll get our PJs on, brush our teeth, wash our face, fiddle around on Facebook, discuss what time we're getting up in the morning, set our alarms, Rebekah will put lotion on the back of her hands, we'll turn out the lights and get into our beds. Sometimes our conversations will simply cease, but other times we'll spend over an hour just talking through the dark. However, I do not think we can blame these exchanges for Rebekah's wildly imaginative dreams, which are oftentimes the topic of morning conversations. Dinosaurs, puffins, flying, vampires, babies... We love to attempt interpretations, and so far what we've come up with is nothing very positive, but at least we don't actually believe it. It's fun, either way.

Yesterday at lunch Rebekah tried to talk without using her hands (she actually folded her arms tightly). Because of this, her shoulders and head ended up doing the talking, which was pretty much the highlight of my mealtime, except for that pile of broccoli I ate.

My parents sent me a Valentine's Day package. I just got it today even though my dad tracked it and said it had arrived and was signed off on last Thursday. So, after being patient and waiting for a slip in my mailbox, which I never got, I finally just went to the window today and asked them about it. They realized that they really did have it and just happened to not print out a notification for some reason or another. Ah, well. Anyway, I now have three dozen heart-shaped sugar cookies and two little containers of pink and white frosting. If you want some, ask me. I definitely have enough to share! Receive the love. Oh, and among other things, they also sent me two pairs of Valentine socks. Those I will not share, but I just thought you should know that my massive collection of fun socks continues to grow.

And now for some notable quotes from Rebekah:
1) "If you look up boy in the dictionary, right there, it says dumb." (Don't worry, guys, we really do like you; we were just talking about certain differences between guys and girls...)
2) "Since I have a MIDI-USB connector, I can do anything!" (How's that for optimism?)

2 comments:

  1. MIDI-USB connector? I must see this thing that allows you to do anything!

    ReplyDelete