Friday, February 6, 2009

Psalm 113:3 ---

From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised!


I woke up about an hour too early today. I meant to wake up just early enough to go to the library, get a drink, and finish the reading I didn't do last night because of visitation. I guess having people over last night confused me when it came to setting my alarm clock, or maybe I was just really tired and didn't realize what I was doing. Anyway, as I sat in the library, too early, enjoying my iced caramel macchiato, I tried to do my reading. However, I was distracted by the most beautiful sunrise in the clearest sky I had ever seen. Thank You, Jesus. Then I got to thinking about sunrises and sunsets, and finally I decided that I like sunrises more than sunsets. Why? Well, there are two different feelings I get when experiencing either one. A sunset is relaxation, adoration, sweetness. A sunrise is like God telling me, "Hey, remember me? Well, here I am, in all My glory. I love you so much and I'm giving you a new day." A sunrise is hope and a new beginning. It is a catalyst to love.

A little later, just before I was about to leave for class (after having done my reading, and then some, of course), I suddenly really missed last semester. I missed the newness of every experience. I missed most notably, strangely enough, the early mornings we'd have to get up while we were in Girona, Spain, and have to find a shop or bakery for breakfast. But... I'm here, and now. I decided that what God was ultimately showing me through thinking about the unending cycle of sunrises and sunsets was an appreciation for the little things in life, the routine, the ordinary; because often I fail to notice Him in it all. He reminded me of how glorious He is even in something that's not new, something that's been happening over and over again for thousands upon thousands of years: the rising and setting of the sun.

As a side note, we sang "Heavenly Sunlight" in chapel today. :)


My morning library encounter with God brought to mind this song for some reason:

"Inside Outside" by Delirious?




Inside outside, under my skin
Never ending love, I don’t know where it begins

I don’t know where it ends, I don’t know how high

I don’t know how deep, I don’t know how wide

Outside, inside around the world

Never ending love envelops me like a cloud

I feel You in front, I feel You behind

I feel You up above, and I feel You at the side


And You, You’re all over me, You’re all over me

Your banner is over me, I give it all ‘cause


You still captivate me, fascinate me

You still captivate me, saturate me


Inside outside, pulling me in

No matter where I run I know You’ll never give in

I see You in the storm, I see You in a kiss

I’ve been around the world and never found a love like this

You’re all over me, You’re all over me
You’re everything I want to be

I’m all over You, You’re everything I want to see

You’re all over me


You, still captivate me, fascinate me

You still captivate me, saturate me

You still captivate me, liberate me

You still captivate me

No comments:

Post a Comment