Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm On My Knees

I've heard some disappointment concerning our lack of updates, so I'll go ahead and post something. Oh, by the way, thanks, T'auna, for being a loyal reader. :)

Rebekah and I have both been rather tired lately. The other night, she was sprawled out on the floor, unmoving, and last night I opted for the the couch and Food Network rather than a game of pool with her and David. I've been kind of like that today, too. I feel so heavy and weighed-down, but not in my spirit, just physically and mentally. I don't know what's up. I hope badminton today cheers me up.

Valentine's Day looms within the next few days and Rebekah and I plan on spending it together... along with the other single girls from our semester in Oxford. We're going to have tea and enjoy being girly... or something like that.

We now have Rebekah's keyboard in our room and I feel privileged to hear her practice sometimes, because she doesn't like anyone to hear her play. (She thinks she's not very good - what a lie.) I'm also trying to learn on my own because I've always wanted to play. I wonder how long this will last.

Ahhhhh this is a hard week. So busy, so many tests, so many other extra things -- it's only half over... I don't like thinking like this though because I don't want to be living from weekend to weekend, with no peace in between. And I don't even like Saturdays! So I've been seeking God daily and it's making things easier. But I'm still weary.

By the way, I have a music recommendation for anyone who is looking for something new. I just bought Tenth Avenue North's album entitled Over and Underneath at the Campus Store last weekend (all CDs are $2!), and it is an awesome album for praising, worshiping and soaking. You may have heard a couple of their songs -- "Love Is Here" and "By Your Side" are playing on AirOne all the time. My personal current favorite is "Beloved." It's about God's unquenchable love for us. Simply beautiful. Receive it, go here to hear it. (I don't particularly like that picture, and they misspelled some of the lyrics, but the point is, the song's there.)


Quote of choice:
"Okay, D, D, J, and Edward Cullen. And I am so choosing Edward Cullen!"
- Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. Who are D, D, and J? Hmm?

    I'm sorry you've been so busy lately, JoAnna. Hope the rest of your week is better!

    ReplyDelete