Sunday, February 15, 2009

Plane to Hawaii?

Many people have heard of my strange dreams. I thought I'd share a relatively tame one that I had while we were still in Oxford.

We were here in Oxford but some of the people were from the fall semester, and some were from the summer program. One of our group trips was to Hawaii for a week and the planes outside our houses were getting ready to leave. I hadn’t known about the trip and was rushing to get out to the plane in time. I ran out there and was told to get in one of the planes. I squeezed myself into the one available seat, which faced the wall of the plane. It was so tight that my knees would hit the wall and I had to sit sideways with my legs stretched across Jennifer Lewis.

All of a sudden I realized that I had no bag, because I hadn’t known we were about to fly to Hawaii. I had no clothes and I hadn’t even brought my wallet. So, the planes made a short stop at my house in Abilene. I was in my backyard where I said hi to my dog. I then went inside to find clothes. Amara was at school, but Mom and I figured that she would be okay if I borrowed some of her clothes because all of mine were in England. Mom and I decided that we would go to WalMart and buy a bunch of camis – because those go with everything, I said. I was looking in our closet for clothes, but it was mostly full of toys. There were miniature Barbie dolls everywhere, handcuffed to things in my closet.

I went back outside with a box that contained a slice of pizza, some sort of animal and a fly. I shewed the fly away and ate the pizza. The carport and patio in my backyard were covered in water. I realized on closer inspection that it was a deep pool with orcas swimming in it.
And there you have it, one of the famous Rebekah Childers' dreams. Sometimes they are actually a lot stranger even than that.

Quote for the day:
"That's whey they're called daggers. Otherwise they would just be 'aggers'."

1 comment:

  1. I love that dream, but I don't think I've heard the part about the orcas.

    :D

    ReplyDelete